Over the weekend, I hosted a Holiday Open House for the newest products from the Young Living Holiday Catalog! We had a blast hanging out, tasting crazy yummy chocolate, and making two DIYs for the upcoming holidays! I have two new recipes to share - the Holiday Survival Blend roller, and a Christmas Morning coffee sugar scrub. Keep them for you, make them as Thanksgiving hostess gifts...can’t go wrong!
Holiday Survival Blend:
• Need: 10ml roller bottle (these are the ones we used!); Stress Away, Harmony, Present Time, and White Angelica essential oil blends. Reach out here to order them if you don’t have these yet; V-6 Carrier oil, liquid coconut oil, or grapeseed oil.
•Add five drops each to your roller: Stress Away, Harmony, Present Time, and White Angelica (these are all expertly blended for emotional support, grounding, and promoting healthy neurological pathways...let’s have healthy emotions and healthy brains during the holiday season, right?!)
• Add about four full pumps of V-6 carrier oil blend, or using a pipette, fill with your favorite liquid carrier oil.
Emotional blends like this roll on are wonderful for helping reset mood and emotions, especially when your intention is to redirect negative thinking and get your neurological pathways away from former damaging patterns to create new, healthy ones. My tip: pick a healthy statement you can repeat to yourself and think it a few times as you roll this on and inhale the oils from the bottle!
Christmas Morning Scrub:
• Need: Any jar of your choice, tall and wide work well for the layering; 1 cup sugar; 1 cup liquid coconut oil or melted coconut oil; coffee grounds (used and fully dried or fresh); Christmas Spirit essential oil blend.
• In a mug or bowl, mix equal parts of oil and sugar depending on the needs of your jar size. Add five drops of Christmas Spirit.
• Layer your sugar scrub with layers of coffee grounds!
Coffee scrubs are my favorite to make and use - search around online for how great coffee can be for our skin! This recipe is especially lovely, because you get that gorgeous Christmasy aroma with that comforting morning cup of coffee smell too! This one is a perfect Thanksgiving hostess gift, and also a simple, wonderful gift to make in bulk for all of the teachers, instructors, and neighbors on your gifting list!